Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day

Chocolate, roses, champagne, cards, and hearts can only mean one thing. It's Valentine's Day! Normally I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. I don't like roses, I eat way too much chocolates, and it takes forever to get into a restaurant. But not this year. This year, I love it. For one-my Husband is home, and two-he planned the perfect Valentine's ever.

Blake planned for us to stay downtown Nashville for a night and made reservations at a wonderful restaurant. We left all our stress behind and headed out for a wonderful weekend. We spent Saturday relaxing and enjoying each others' company. We got to get dressed up and spend two hours eating by candlelight. Something completely out of the ordinary, but wonderful.

I work three days a week, am a full-time graduate student, and have to find time to get homework done, do laundry, clean the house, shower, and sleep. My life is a bit stressful to say the least. Blake and I may live together, but we don't get to spend a lot of good, quality time together. This adds loads of stress when there is a deployment around the corner. You want to cherish every second together, and you are very aware of the fact that there are just not enough seconds to get everything done.

Thats why this weekend was so wonderful. It allowed us to forget about everything: deployments, military life, grad school, work, chores. We were able to talk about anything and everything, and to be honest, it felt like we were just dating again. It was completely and totally refreshing. I know feel like I can face everything that is coming in the next few months.

Sometimes you just need to get away. Even if it means just going 45 minutes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment