Monday, February 1, 2010

Frustration. The first lesson you learn when your a military wife is that the military is very, very frustrating. And here's why. They never stick to plans! Example A: My husband has spent the past month in Fort Polk, Louisiana for JRTC (aka Afghanistan training). For the past week, I have known that he is coming home Tuesday morning at 3 am. I have been counting down the hours, minutes, and even seconds. I am so ready for him to be home!

Enter the phone call I received an hour ago.

Random woman: "I just wanted to let you know that your husband will arrive at 3 am, and he will be released to you at 11 am."

Me: "11 am?!?!?!?! I was told I could pick him up at 3 am. What do they need him an extra 8 hours for? They just had him for a month!!!"

R.W. "I don't know ma'am, but you can see him at 11."

Enter frustration. Now I know what your thinking, it's only an extra 8 hours. BUT IT'S AN EXTRA FREAKING 8 HOURS!!! I don't know what happens to my emotions when there is a homecoming, but they seem to go haywire. Any change to the plan can throw me through a loop. It doesn't matter how long he has been gone, be it a three days, a week, a month, or a year. When you know they are coming home, you start to get excited. You can't wait. You're ready to get back to your normal routine.

But now my normal routine must get delayed by 8 hours. So I'm off to stuff my face with chips and french onion dip...my frustration relief food. Freaking Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment