Friday, April 16, 2010

Top Ten Reasons He CAN Deploy

10. I might be able to have a sheet set for more than a month. I feel I need to explain. My husband has some sort of special ability to rip sheets. Somehow, in his sleep, he pulls the fitted sheet off and then when he goes to put it back on before he goes to bed, he rips it. In the corner. Two sheet sets in two months is more than enough.

9. Because I will have a 1000x less laundry to do. I'm not sure how he does it, but he goes through more clothes, towels, and anything else that needs to be washed than anyone I know.

8. I will get run of the TV. The hubs is addicted to the TV. If we go to a restaurant and there is a TV within eye-shot, he is watching it. When we're home, he's watching it. And typically not the shows I want to watch. We have our shows that we watch, but the rest of the time, we're watching food shows, car shows, and war shows. I have to say, a year break from those shows sounds pretty good to me.

7. The amount of clutter in my house will be significantly reduced. Blake and I have accumulated ALOT of clutter in our short 9 months of marriage, but OUR clutter does not even compare to HIS clutter. Or more specifically, ARMY clutter. They give him way too much stuff and it all ends in my spare bedroom. It looks like the Army puked in my spare bedroom.

6. There will be no toothpaste residue left in my sink. Enough said.

5. I will have entire run of the bed. See previous blog entry titled "Issues" for more information.

4. I get his phone. I hate my phone and I haven't even had it for a year. And because my husband is oh-so-wonderful, he is letting me use his cell phone. This is a wonderful thing because I can't express enough my hatred for my phone. And also because his has this cool coloring pad thing.

3. Because it means I get to mooch off my parents for a little while longer. I am spending the summer in Indiana to complete an externship, and it'll be fun to get to spend some time with my parents. Typically if you move back home when your married, it's not a good thing. But for a military wife, it's the GREATEST thing. There is no better place to be than with family when your husband is 7,800 miles away in a warzone.

2. A year without snoring doesn't sound too bad to me! I'm constantly hitting him or kicking him or telling him to roll over or attempting to suffocate him with the pillow (just kidding to the last one). He does not have a bad snore, but it's just this quiet, breathy snore that drives me INSANE when I am having trouble sleeping.

1. And lastly, because I will actually get homework done in advance. It seems like I never get anything done when he is around. He always has something he wants to do, places he wants to go, and I never get anything done. I'm always doing it at the last second. Now, I wont have any excuse to slack on homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment